Appleton Marine is a mining crane manufacturer specializing in mining crane service and repair. We can build any custom crane or specialty crane, including crusher maintenance cranes, knuckle boom cranes, pedestal cranes, folding boom cranes, telescoping boom cranes, and straight (box) boom cranes. Contact us for more information.
View our full brochure of capabilities
- Minimum design standard: API Specification 2C
- USCG failsafe operation
- Variety of control options
- Simultaneous operation of two or more functions
- Heat Treated 17-4 stainless steel or nickel plated hardened steel pins
- AISI 316 stainless fasteners (3/4” dia. & smaller)
- Zinc-plated graded fasteners
- Monel grease fittings
- Continuous welds throughout
- Pedestal interface to suit customer requirements
- 360° continuous rotation with limits available
- Acrylic epoxy coating system
All cranes are factory assembled and tested.
Click here to request a crane quote.
Features for Severe Mining Environments
- Protective cylinder rod boots
- Air purged electrical boxes (positive pressure)
- Air purged hydraulic reservoir (positive pressure)
- High altitude system design (high altitude electric motor …etc.)
- Heat treated “bullet proof” operator’s cab windows (cab is optional)
- Radio remote crane operator’s controls
- Seismic design considerations (Ex: UBC Zone 4)
- System heating and cooling for extreme temperature variations
- Design considerations for extreme wind
- Design considerations for severe UV exposure
Equipment Selection Guidelines:
- Are you looking for a fixed boom, telescopic boom or knuckle boom?
- How much do you want to lift?
- At what radius must this lift take place?
- What is the maximum boom length?
- At what speed do you want the load to be raised or lowered?
- How is the unit to be powered: electric, diesel or customer provided?
- From what location is the unit to be controlled?
- Is an auxiliary winch (fast line) desired?